WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
INTRODUCTION. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ a division of Rovest Connect Inc. (Canada), Rovest International LLC (United States) Rovest Ltd (UK) and its affiliates, successors, parents, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and designees (collectively and individually “Afro Gold Pages, Afrogoldpages.com, afrogoldpages.ca”) owns, encourages and promotes the Afro Gold Pages website (“the service”). As an Internet business directory guide, posting of community events, classified ads, articles and printed advertising listings, and an environment that fosters community business interaction and participation among its members (“members”) and resellers (“reseller”). Members and Resellers could use the chat facility to express themselves. However, Members and Resellers must keep comments, ideas, contribution, and information sharing within the community values of the Service and must comply with applicable laws and these terms and conditions (the “terms and conditions).
- GENERAL DISCLAIMER. All materials on AFRO GOLD PAGES™ Website (the "Site"), which may include text, images, audio clips, video clips, software and other materials (the "Content"), are provided by AFRO GOLD PAGES™ for informational and personal purposes only. By accessing the Site, using chat facility, or downloading any Content, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions"). If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not access the Site, use our products and services or download any Content.
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ intends for the Content on the Site to be accurate and reliable, however, since the Content has been compiled by AFRO GOLD PAGES™ from a variety of sources, it is provided to you "As Is" and "As Available". AFRO GOLD PAGES™ ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY KIND IN THE CONTENT, AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONTENT AND TO ANY MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Links available on the Site will allow you to link to Websites not maintained or controlled by AFRO GOLD PAGES™. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ provides these links for your convenience, and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ uses reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of its Content on the Site, but cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any information available through these links, and makes no representation or endorsement whatsoever about any other Website which you may access through the Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Website you choose to use is free of potentially destructive items such as viruses.
IN NO EVENT WILL AFRO GOLD PAGES™ BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHTSOEVER INCLUDING SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT AVAILABLE OR REFERRED TO ON THIS SITE, OR ANY OTHER SITE YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- USE OF THE SITE. You (“you,” Member or Reseller”) may not post, upload, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or other material on this Site:
- Constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- Which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; or
- Otherwise use this Site in a manner, which is contrary to law, or electronic etiquette, or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users, including the posting or transmitting of information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.
MEMBERS OR RESELLERS WHO VIOLATE THE TERMS OF SERVICE MAY BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM USING THE SERVICE AND IN CERTAIN CASES MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION.
- COPYRIGHT. All Content published on or otherwise accessible through this Site is protected by copyright. The Content, and the copyright in the Content, are owned or controlled by AFRO GOLD PAGES™ or its members, resellers or other content suppliers. You may only use or reproduce the information in the Content for your own personal, non-commercial or educational use. The Content may not be otherwise used, reproduced, broadcast, published or retransmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. You must abide by all copyright notices; information and restrictions contained in any Content on or accessed through the Site, and maintain such notices in the Content.
- TRADEMARKS. Afro Gold Pages™, AfroGoldPages.ca™ and AfroGoldPages.com™ are registered trademarks in Canada. Afro Gold Pages™, AfroGoldPages.com™ are registered trademark in the United States and European Union. All other products, services and company names mentioned in the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
You may not use any trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of AFRO GOLD PAGES™ or the relevant owner of the trademark.
- PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ Privacy and Security Policy is a binding part of these Terms and Conditions.
- INDEMNITY. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold AFRO GOLD PAGES™ and its related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or users of your account, or in connection with the use of this Site or the placement or transmission of any information or other materials on this Site by you or users of your account.
- TERRITORY. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ site originates in Canada with affiliated operations in the United States, Great Britain and France. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ products and services are offered in AFRO GOLD PAGES™ operating territory. Some products and services referred to on the Site may not be available in all parts of AFRO GOLD PAGES™ territory. Consult AFRO GOLD PAGES™ representative via telephone for information regarding the products and services, which may be available to you in your area.
- CHANGES. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ reserves the right to change or remove any Content from the Site, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, at any time, without notice. In the same manner restrict reasonable access to its products and services including block, deactivate or delete accounts of members or resellers.
- RULES AND ONLINE BEHAVIOUR. You (“Members,” “Resellers”) are entirely responsible liable for all your activities on AFRO GOLD PAGES™ website, Afrogoldpages.com, afrogoldpages.ca. Listed below are some, but not all, violations that may result in termination of your access to AFRO GOLD PAGES™ services. By using AFRO GOLD PAGES™ website, you agree Not to do any of the following:
· Post any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation
· Post, transmit, promote or distribute content that is illegal, that encourages illegal activity, or that infringes upon the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity right or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party.
· Pretend to be anyone, corporation, business whom you are not. You may not impersonate another member, reseller or anyone else.
· Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is libellous, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusing, racially or ethnically offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, and objectionable in a reasonable person’s view.
· Attempt to get password, other account information, or private information from a member, reseller, or harvest email address or other information.
- MISCELLANEOUS. Terms and Conditions, including AFRO GOLD PAGES™ Privacy and Security Policy and other documents referenced herein, constitute the entire agreement between AFRO GOLD PAGES™ and you with respect to your use of this Site. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any of the Terms and Conditions is determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions hereof. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The parties have required that these Terms and Conditions and all related documents be drawn up in English.
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ believes that business communities can only truly be built through interaction, networking and participation among Members based on trust, privacy and freedom of expression. Whether you register online or just a visitor, we respect your privacy and are committed to keeping your personal information strictly between us. Members, resellers or affiliates information must be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to been used. Information that does not identify a specific member or reseller may be used for any purpose.
OUR EMPLOYEES RESPONSIBILITIES
Each and every one of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement binding them to this responsibility, which governs their actions, even if they leave or retire from AFRO GOLD PAGES™. Only those employees who need personal information to provide service have access to it. We keep our employees informed about our policies and procedures for protecting personal information and reinforce the importance of complying with them. All employees are also required, as a condition of employment, to conform to these policies and procedures.
THE REASON WE ASK FOR YOUR INFORMATION
We ask you for information to establish and serve you as our member, reseller or affiliate. We obtain most of our information about you directly from you. The information we ask for depends on which service you want. For every service, we require your name, address, telephone number and email address. Here is why we need some of the other information we ask you to provide.
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT
It is important to understand the different ways that we may obtain your consent to collect, use, disclose and share your personal information. Depending on the situation and the sensitivity of the information, AFRO GOLD PAGES™ may obtain your consent in different ways. Express consent may be obtained verbally, online or in writing. Implied consent may be obtained through your use of a product, or when you approach us to obtain products or services from us. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ will not make your consent a condition of obtaining a product or service, unless it is reasonably or legally required, and we will clearly indicate when this is the case.
SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ has thorough security standards to protect our systems and your information against unauthorized access and use. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ uses a variety of security measures such as restricting employee’s access to files and passwords protection, personal email address and other techniques.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ will protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ are bound to maintain your confidentiality and may not use the information for any unauthorized purposes. When AFRO GOLD PAGES™ provides information in response to a legal enquiry or order, we ensure that the order is valid and we disclose only the information that is legally required.
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ retains your information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time AFRO GOLD PAGES™ retains information varies depending on the product or service and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us but only for so long as it is legally necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issue that may arise at a later date. When your information is no longer needed or the purposes explained to you, we have procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous or inactive form.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION ACCURATE
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service and minimize the possibility that out of date information may be used to make a decision, which impacts you. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ has policies and procedures to help us maintain the accuracy of your information. For most updates, we rely on you for information. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes, such as if you move or change telephone numbers. If you find any errors in our information about you, let us know and we will make the corrections immediately, and make sure they are conveyed to anyone we may have misinformed. For information that remains in dispute, we will note your opinion in the file.
Based upon the personal information you provide us, we will send you a welcome email to verify your user name, password and if applicable, your assigned referrer code number. Your user name allows you gain access to specific area of our system based on the level of membership or reseller package that you signed up for.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on forums, through emails, or in chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others. If you post your personal information in public places, others may send you unsolicited email messages.
Your Member profile is password protected so that you and only you have access to this information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, we recommend that, if you share your computer with other people, you sign out of your Account completely and close your browser window when you are done. Signing off will protect your information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
EMAIL COMMENTS, QUESTIONS OR RESPONSES
When you send us an email or when you ask us to respond to you by email, we learn your exact email address and any information you have included in the email. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ uses your email address to acknowledge your posts, orders, comments and/or reply to your questions, and we may store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. We will not sell your email address, or share your information with anyone outside AFRO GOLD PAGES™. Remember that email sent over the Internet is generally unencrypted. If AFRO GOLD PAGES™ requests that you transmit confidential information to us over the Internet when completing membership or reseller registration form online, we ensure that such transmission is encrypted. We recommend that you use caution when forwarding free-format email messages to us and that you do not include confidential information (such as assigned code numbers) in those messages, as they are not encrypted.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PREVENTING EMAIL FRAUD
From time to time, fraudulent emails may be circulated to you claiming to have found your business information on AFRO GOLD PAGES™ and offering you beneficiary business proposals and joint ventures. Responding to such emails is at your own risks and we will not be liable for any transaction between you and a third party. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ will never send email messages to customers requesting confidential information such as passwords or assigned code numbers nor will it offer members business proposals or joint ventures. Please do not act on any such emails as you may compromise your personal access information and fall victims to scams by following links to a counterfeit Internet sites (s).
MERGER AND ACQUISITION
Should AFRO GOLD PAGES™ goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
AFRO GOLD PAGES™ will automatically gather website usage information regarding visits to www.afrogoldpages.com. This data is aggregated to help us determine which parts of the site are most useful to our members and visitors. We may track the number, frequency and lengths of visits. We protect your privacy by maintaining your anonymity. We do not personalize this information by tracking your individual activity at www.afrogoldpages.com. From time to time we may conduct surveys on our website. Participation is entirely voluntary. Should you choose to participate; your responses will be aggregated and anonymous.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In order to use certain services of this web site, you must first complete the registration form and create user name and password. During registration as a member, reseller or affiliate, you are required to provide contact information such as name, valid email address. We use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest. This information is treated in the strictest confidence and is stored on our database and is dealt with in accordance with this policy.
FEES AND CHARGES
You are responsible for paying any membership package fee, reseller package fee, applicable taxes and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you may incur in connection with the Service, including costs incurred in connecting to the Service via Internet. AFRO GOLD PAGES™ reserves the right, at any time, to charge fees for access to the Service, and may without obligation notify you or any such fees by posting information regarding such fees on the Service.
Currently, www.afrogoldpages.com does not use technology called Cookies to facilitate access to this website but AFRO GOLD PAGES™ may adopt the technology in the future. In such a case you may receive cookies from us. You may also receive cookies from Third Parties such as our advertising partners or affiliates. Cookies tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookie from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.